This week we made some delicious Indonesian Coconut Pudding. I picked up this package (with Super Quality!) at the local Asian store for around 50 cents and had no idea what it was. After a little searching on the Internet, I was able to determine that this was Indonesian coconut pudding. Yummy! Luckily, I had some coconut milk around to prepare it.
The ingredients of the package are simple: Mung Bean Flour and Vanilla Flavor
The ingredients needed to make the coconut pudding are also very simple: this package, sugar and coconut milk.
The official recipe is listed here:
I made some slight changes. It calls for:
- 1 part of this package
- 5 parts coconut milk (I used 80% coconut milk and 20% skim milk; I would guess you could even do 50/50)
- 1 part sugar (I used 1/2 parts and it was still very sweet)
To make it:
- Heat the milk to get it to boil
- Dissolve the sugar in it
- Slowly add in the contents of the package and stir to keep the flour from clumping.
- As the pudding thickens, you will have to turn off the stove
- Let the pudding rest in the refrigerator for half an hour to cool down
Hope you enjoy. If you can’t find this particular package, any mung bean flour should do with a little vanilla extract.
Here is the video: